- Table 1. Cultivated landarea and agricultural population
- Table 2. Consumption of fertilizer
- Table 3. Indices of agricultural production
- Table 4. Production* of crops
- Table 4-1. production* of crops
- Table 5. Production of crops: vegetables and fruits
- Table 6. Number of livestock
- Table 7. Livestock production
- Table 8. Per capita annual rice, wheat, meat and fruit supply in Japan, Korea and Taiwan ROC
- Table 9. Trade in agricultural products
- Table 10. Trade in forestry and fisheries products
- Table 11. Trade in crops
- Table 11-1. Trade in crops
- Table 12. Trade in livestock products
- Table 13. Share of agriculture in GDP
- Table 14. Farm household income
- List of Graphs
FFTC is an international agricultural organization mandated to collect and disseminate practical and technical information in agriculture toward the benefit of small-scale farmers in the Asian and Pacific region. This periodical gives an overview of Asian agriculture by showing major agricultural statistics, as well as economic indicators related to agriculture, from selected Asian and Pacific countries. It uses not only the statistics of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations but also many statistical yearbooks, journals and internet web-sites from each country.
This periodical includes indicators from
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea
(Dem. People’s Rep.), Korea/South(Rep. of),
Several distinctive features of this periodical should be emphasized. First, it provides useful statistical information on the status of agriculture in the Asian and Pacific region. Second, users can compare indicators of the past 10 years, including those from Taiwan ROC that do not appear in FAO statistics. Third, it is easy to find and compare basic important items including agricultural structure, production & consumption and trade which characterize the agricultural situation of each country.
This issue is being published not only as a printed edition but also as an on-line publication, freely available via the Center’s website ( http://www.fftc.agnet.org ). We hope that this periodical may help researchers and statistical users of each country to understand the agricultural situations of other countries in the region, and that they can use this in their respective line of work .